…i thought you might appreciate the following last-minute reminders:
- traditions aren’t inherently a pain in the ass. we do that to ourselves.
- if your turkey still hasn’t thawed, laughing it off and cooking it another day is probably a better option at this point.
- your emotions arise from your thoughts, which can always be shifted.
- stepping outside and breathing deeply is never a bad idea.
- neither is drinking water.
- life feels better when you drop the judgements and assume no one’s judging you.
- kids are usually only annoying because they want to be understood, appreciated or have fun.
- kind of like adults.
- out of nutmeg? don’t forget: most of the world has no running water.
- your mama loves you deep down, even if she’s ever been shitty to you.
- november skies are uniquely beautiful from wherever you’re standing.
- wasting food is lame.
- old people don’t understand your device addiction.
- you can take things personally, but it feels bad and doesn’t help.
- it’s less about the meal than the connections.
- watching football is cool. playing football with your kids is even cooler.
- just sitting and being is a dying art.
- self love is a huge accomplishment.
- plan c might be your best one yet.
- thanksgiving as a day devoted to being thankful is a much different holiday than the one consumer culture would have us buy into.
“We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures.” ― Thornton Wilder
Enjoy, my friends. I’m eternally grateful for you.