So, it’s been about four months since I decided to hold myself to a regular writing schedule, narrow my topics and offer (somewhat) predictable categories on (somewhat) predictable days of the week. Doing so has proven an effective strategy for building readership, helping me focus my purpose and interests and recognizing roadblocks of my own construction.
I’ve come to a few conclusions along the way:
- I rather love blogging and see it as an incredible opportunity to work on my own terms, encourage personal and social (r)evolution, create connections and build community.
- There are elements of blogging that I do not love, or that aren’t so compatible with my lifestyle/personality. The most notable of these include the necessity to crop and condense my ideas into bite-sized (blog-sized) offerings, the pressure to make frequent (even self-imposed) deadlines despite the ever changing and always demanding needs of my family and the investment of time and energy into work that, by nature, grows old, loses its luster and fades away into the obscurity of the inter webs within about 48 hours.
- As my girls grow, blogging about our daily lives is becoming much trickier. The fact that according to my photos, Estella appears to be my one and only (or favorite) child is no coincidence. It isn’t so much that the others dislike being photographed, but that they don’t care to be talked about. While this is understandable, it also means that a huge percentage of my struggles, inspiration and breakthroughs never make their way to you and that I need to rethink this part of what I’m doing.
- In order to continue to grow and allow for the flow of money through my experience, I am going to need more focused time behind the scenes. Whether this means I post less frequently, simplify my Monday posts by offering short and sweet glimpses into our lives through more photos and fewer words or shift away from my personal life all together, I need to be intentional about the way I spend my time.
In addition to these realizations, there’s a whole other thing going on here…
- I am itching — like allergic rash itching — to dig deeper and wider into the ideas I’ve been cultivating.
- I am receiving LOADS of encouragement from you all imploring me to keep writing, to speak my truth and to step confidently in the direction of my heart’s calling.
- Having asked for a clear indication of my purpose and following a series of divine nudges, I feel more ready than ever to focus my energy and take the next step.
But in order to do this, and before I let you in on what I’m thinking, I need your help.
Will you take a minute (or five) to fill out this short survey?
While I can guess who I am writing to, why you’re here and what keeps you coming back, it’s essential that I be sure about these things before moving forward. That sweet spot where my truest voice and greatest strengths are aligned with what you’re craving is where the magic happens. That’s when my soul sings and that’s what I’m going for – nothing less than soul alignment.
So go ahead, critique my blog (it’s all anonymous).
Want more fuel for your personal revolution? Need more empathy as a mother? Maybe you’d like to see more frequent posts, even if they’re as simple as a single photo, or wish I’d skip the filler all together and get down to the business of writing a…..oh never mind, you tell me! I look forward to knowing you better and in turn, serving you as well as I am able.
I’ll keep the survey open through the end of this week and let you know soon what I discover!